Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sembradores de Cristo


Also on August 1, I helped a group of Quichua ladies from a church in the South of Quito called Sembradores de Cristo (Sowers of Christ) begin their first ever savings group. The week before we had met to work out the rules for their group. On the first, we met to sign the rules and to make the first savings collection. The leaders of the group did a great job running their first meeting, with ten women participating. I was so excited since this is the first Quichua group I have been able to help in this way! They have big dreams about what to do with their savings, and it will take them a long time to save up. But for now, they have a goal of saving for one year. Once a month I will visit the group for on-going group training. I will also meet with the leaders ahead of time for some on-going leader training.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog! Yay! Now I can follow you here and on FB!

    ReplyDelete